Friday, November 12, 2010

Too Much Homework!

Homework is not something many kids like to do. Personally I do not either, but it is something that you have to do to do well in your class. Even though I do not like doing it I feel that it does help me out in my  classes a lot. For example in my marine bio class we have a list of assigments to do sometimes in class and for homework on each chapter we do. These assigments include revies outlines and study questions which help me memorize what I am learning about from writing it multiple times. In my math class we also get homework every night. Once a day we learn a new lesson and recieve homework on it, because I do not li,ke homework i look at it as practice.

I feel that I get a lot of homework but it is not too much. It is my senior year and I think it is better to be prepared doing more work being that I am going to college next year because I know I am not going to get babied through my work in college. I do not have an exact time every night that it takes me to do my homework but usually per night I have at least thirty minutes worth. Sometimes doing my homework winds up taking an hour or so but I am always learning something or practicing while doing it. I feel that if a student is staying up untill midnight to finish their homework that they maybe are not planning their time well. I understand that most kids have a job at my age now but there should always be time right after school or right after work. Kids in highschool should not be working past ten at night anyways on school nights.

Usually on weekends I do not partiucally have assigned homework. If i have homework on weekends it is something that was assigned during the week and due the following week or Sunday night which is not always bad at times. I like having more time to do bigger tasks and sometimes I use my weekends up finishing projects or writing that last essay I need. Every year since kindergarten I have had some time of homework given through me through out the week. From my elementary days to now in high school obviously work has gotten harder. From my freshman to senior year I have seen a change in homework, this year I get a heck of a lot more which I hope is just preparing me more for the college real world.

I can say I definatily have learned form doing homework. It is more of a practice and it is always nice to go over it the next morning in class being able to see your mistakes and learning to do it the right way after all practice makes perfect. I do not like to wait untill the last minute to do my homework but however it does happen sometimes. When i don't get a chance to do it I feel like I am in a rush and not doing the best I can in my assignment. I do not feel like there is too much homework, I think it is just the students being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment