Sunday, November 28, 2010

Comfort Food

I love so many different types of food. From Italian to Mexican food I love eating it all but my comfort food would have to be Italian food . I am almost one hundred percent Italian and that was the main food I was raised to eat growing up. At all family dinners there would be an endless amount of Italian foods. From spaghetti and meatballs to chicken Parmesan all of these food give me a home safe feeling.

Ever since was little we would have huge family dinners. At family dinners there is always  too much food, no one goes home hungry and there are usually plenty of  leftovers. There are always so many different entrees to eat. I believe Italian food is my comfort food because I enjoy and love all the different entrees given to me to eat. Family dinners happen quite often so I am always eating Italian food. Besides at family dinner at home many Italian meals are also cooked frequently.

I feel that my comfort food stays the same all the time. I eat different food all the times too but Italian food is defiantly my top choice. Homemade Italian food is my favorite and I do eat it most often. I'm sure my comfort food can be high in calories and fattening but I still love it. Italian food is my comfort food because I was raised to eat it. Not only is it delicious but I also got to spend time with my family while eating it and it is always a good comfortable time.

These Italian dishes that I love to eat so much never get old. There are so many different types of choices in the Italian food category I probably haven't even tried them all. When I eat these foods I feel that it defines my culture by explaining a little bit more of who I am. I eat big dinners with my family and it is always nice to share the experience with other people like friends to see if they feel the same way about my comfort food or to learn more about theres. I can never go wrong with homemade Italian food. When I'm stressed or just starving it always allows me to be comfortable.

As well as the holidays for example like Thanksgiving, turkey for dinner is what we eat but besides that we always have some pasta meal as a course before the big dinner. This would have to be my comfort food not only because it is what I was raised to eat, I love it and we even made it a part of our family holiday tradition. Italian food will always be my favorite cultural food and when I am older it will defiantly pass it down to my family and keep the tradition going

No comments:

Post a Comment